Re: [Error Coin Information Exchange] Re: Error Currency Group?

  • Peggy McClinton
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 31, 2004
      We could not read the date on the pics  But i have in my book 1988-A   for the following city. (L) is for San Fransisco. So I would assume that they was printed or printed for the Federal Reserve Bank of San Fransisco.Still check with Don on all experts he will be able to tell you more. According to the book fine would be worth $1.10 ,your bill is  well circulated.May be a Fluke check it out.

      Kela Kitkowski <guildmage_01@...> wrote:
      Wait, according to my Whitman guide, the BEP never sold any 1988-A sheets. Only 1988. Is this info accurate?

      Peggy McClinton <gatorbaitmad@...> wrote:
      Kela,
       This looks a miss cut on your L note at the top. I don't think it is mint misstake,I might be wrong.I think what you have is a bill that was sold as a sheet and someone cut the bills them selves.

      The  mint sales sheets of uncut bills to the public ranging from 4 bills up to 32 bills.See page http://www.moneyfactory.com/store/section.cfm/69/83.From the way the bill is cut it looks like some one took sissors to it. But you also might e-mail Don at all experts with a pic and see what he says.

      This link is for paper money collectors and sellers, there is a listing of members on the site. http://www.pcdaonline.com/pcda_state_directory.html

      http://www.allexperts.com/getExpert.asp?Category=2297  This is all experts under hobbies- Coin Collecting Don Wessely is the one to ask for sure on this one .Give about three days for an answer but he will be able to tell you for sure.

      And if you collect bills I have found the Black Book price guide to United States Paper Money.By:Marc and Tom Hudgeons very helpfull
      Peggy
      Kela Kitkowski <guildmage_01@...> wrote:
      I plucked this out of circulation about a year ago from my former job. I almost got fired for swapping this for another dollar bill. (Well, wasn't a great place to work anyway....hate Martha Stewart and Trading Spaces now with a vengence...)

      I'm not really too concerned about the price, just wondering if I do have an error note, because I did look online and books (that I can access), and I haven't been able to pin what I have to the info online or in books.

      I also have one other thing that I did find also from my same ex-workplace, but I have to figure out why my scanner is thrown a tantrum. Yes, it's a coin.

      gatorbaitmad <gatorbaitmad@...> wrote:

      Can you e-mail a scanned pic? I have book in which to compare to.Peggy

      --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, Kela Kitkowski
      <guildmage_01@y...> wrote:
      > Is there an Error Currency Group? I found a note in circulation and
      want an opinion if I have an error or not in my hands. Or is anyone
      here capable of giving their opinion?

      Do you Yahoo!?

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      > ATTACHMENT part 2 image/pjpeg name=ERROR$1NOTE.jpg

      > ATTACHMENT part 3 image/pjpeg name=ERROR$1NOTE2.jpg

      > ATTACHMENT part 4 image/pjpeg name=ERROR$1NOTE3.jpg

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      Do you Yahoo!?

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      Message 2 of 16 , Feb 1, 2004
        This is a severely damaged cent. The latest theory on how these
        coins are damaged in this fashion is that they fall out in commercial
        dryers and are tumbled endlessly. I have quite a few damaged cents
        just like it in my collection of fake, damaged, and altered coin.

        <guildmage_01@y...> wrote:
        > Okay, managed to get my scanner to cooperate somewhat. This was
        also from the same workplace that I also found the dollar bill
        earlier. It was in a drawer which I was told to clean out, so I
        grabbed it before it went into the dumpster.

        > The profiles of the coin look like the lincoln cent, but my better
        half thinks it might be a fake, maybe with chemicals? I compared it
        to a normal cent, and it looks abit smaller. Opinions?