jeff 5c error coins WANTLIST

  • Ben
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 6, 2003
      Hi there,
      I've been in the hobby ebaying like 15 months.
      I collect error types, I dont care about the dates or if its unique
      in its type (major/wow), i care about the grade but I dont have
      knowledge in MS60 trough MS70 grading. So just nice UNC or XF+.
      I live in Spain, there is no insured mail, but I have no problems
      with mail lost or theft, so I can asume the risk in the mail delivery.

      ========================
      Want list 5c jefferson
      =========================
      1)Die crack
      (not necessary a big split die) just a decent visible one
      2)D/S flipover
      (second strike 1-2 sides) dated or not
      3)straight clip
      (Blakesley effect in the opposite rim)
      4)Ragged Clip
      (Blakesley effect in the opposite rim)
      5)RAM or cupped off-center
      6)Machine Doubling
      (Very Strong, visible to the naked eye)
      7)Copper Wash
      (black-brown-red, faked!!! I dont care just a cheap one)

      Does anybody know the price of a small-medium reteined cud 5c jeff???
      Is anybody selling 5c blanks type I??

      Please coin dealers Im tired of seeking for jefferson at ebay and
      seing my budget is not enough for big or double error specimens.
      So next year I will collect 1c lincoln for an off-metal, matted pair,
      split die, DAS, multiple strikes, double errors, die cap.......
      Im finishing my FAO series collection and nearly Im up to date with
      my bimetallics collection, latinamerica, Africa Commonwealth, Spain
      from 1868.

      ===== JOKE ====
      So next year I will focus in the rest of error types 1c lincoln that
      i dont have and also spending billions in Euro mules (two tails)
      certified by PCGS and sold at ebay germany like curious things or
      fantasy. Thats what an spanish collector has told me when he saw in
      Ebay Spain people bidding 400 Euros for an euro mule.
      The time for the Sicily employees at Rome Mint has become.
      Just some people arrested for creating errors and try to make them
      real packing them in mint sets at the Italian mint. (That happened)
      Now there are some aluminium O/C Euro cents at Ebay Spain. Really
      strange when Ebay Spain is a pain, its full of 10% VG O/C, loupe
      extra-metals and Euro planchets selling at 60 Euro.
      Once I asked a seller if I could return the planchet after using my
      balance. He said NO!!!, the planchets weigth less because they are
      not struck he replied.

      All the best
      Benjamin