Re: 1964 brockage nickel -- more photos

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 4, 2003
      Last flogging of a (nearly) dead horse.

      Since the entire coin is expanded only about 0.3 - 0.4mm, and this
      expansion is largely or completely confined to the reverse face (it's
      slightly wider than the obverse), this would mean that there was
      essentially no expansion of the obverse face. This despite the fact
      that it is well struck and struck completely out of the collar.

      (Sounds of head-scratching now heard)