Interesting indent

  • maaswhole
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 5, 2003
      This looks like it was indented by an elliptical planchet, right?

      http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3032521853
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 6, 2003
        The problem I find with your conjecture is that there seem to be two
        die-struck crescents on the reverse, one at the top and one at the
        bottom. This couldn't be so if the coin was struck through an off-
        center clad layer.

        Now, the top crescent is in shadow, so I won't know if it's truly die-
        struck until I see it for myself. If it turns out that this is
        instead a multi-level strike-thru, then all bets are off as to the
        identity of the object.