ALSO INCREDIBLE

  • numismistake
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 12, 2014

      Is the fact that 8 bidders have bid up this squeeze job to $50 with 3+ days left to bid it up even further.

      http://www.ebay.com/itm/351139970503?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

      I reported it when it was first listed, but eBay does nothing about it nowadays. In January, they sent me an email that after many years, the EMR program will no longer function, and they thanked me for past participation. This means that from here on in anything goes, and buyer beware.

      What I find incredible is that 8 different bidders don't know how to tell the difference between a double strike and a squeeze job. They are probably speculators looking to slab and not collectors.

    • Robert Risi

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 12, 2014
            Honestly, it’s the same as a coin show or even a catalog through the mail—the seller is representing it as “genuine” and the buyer has the responsibility to determine if they agree/want to buy it. You don’t have people going around at coin shows telling sellers what they can and can’t sell. As long as there is a return privilege, I don’t see a problem, because the buyer has the opportunity to examine and return the coin if he doesn’t like it.

            Jon

            Sullivan Numismatics
            Specializing in Errors & Varieties
            PCGS & NGC Authorized Dealer
            (931)-797-4888

            On Aug 12, 2014, at 3:02 PM, numismistake@... [errorcoininformationexchange] <errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

            Is the fact that 8 bidders have bid up this squeeze job to $50 with 3+ days left to bid it up even further.

            http://www.ebay.com/itm/351139970503?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

            I reported it when it was first listed, but eBay does nothing about it nowadays. In January, they sent me an email that after many years, the EMR program will no longer function, and they thanked me for past participation. This means that from here on in anything goes, and buyer beware.

            What I find incredible is that 8 different bidders don't know how to tell the difference between a double strike and a squeeze job. They are probably speculators looking to slab and not collectors.

          • Michael Evanchik