misprinted wheat penny

  • Jenny
    Message 1 of 3 , May 5, 2003
      I have come across a circulated 1944 wheat penny that looks like it
      was printed wrong. I can email a scan of both sides. I will try to
      put up a photo. I'm not a coin collector, so I have no idea if it is
      worth anything to anyone, but maybe someone can tell me more about it.
      Jenny
      Message 2 of 3 , May 5, 2003
        We'll do our best. You can send an e-mail with picture attachment
        directly to me (mdia1@...) or post the picture in our photo
        gallery. I prefer the latter, since it allows others to examine it
        and act as a cross-check to any conclusions I come to.

        A complete description would also be helpful.

        --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "Jenny"
        Message 3 of 3 , May 5, 2003
          Jenny e-mailed some decent photos to me. The cent is simply
          damaged. There's no mint error.

          Keep looking, though. You can come up with some nice finds with some
          persistence.