Blanks

  • Robert Risi
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 26, 2013
      Just curious is a weight of 12.1 grams is within tolerance for a type 2 JFK half dollar planchet.I recently bought two that weigh in at 12.1 grams. They look fine for a half planchet.
      Thanks
      Sent from my iPhone
    • fred_weinberg
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 26, 2013

        Don't know what I did, but now the (purple) Reply box shows
        on all messages.......forget that first message......for now.....

        ---In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, <rjrisi@...> wrote:

        Just curious is a weight of 12.1 grams is within tolerance for a type 2 JFK half dollar planchet.I recently bought two that weigh in at 12.1 grams. They look fine for a half planchet.
        Thanks
        Sent from my iPhone
      • numismistake
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 26, 2013
          Fred, Are you using a different browser than Internet Explorer?

          I have both IE 7 and Mozilla Firefox on my computer and depending on which I use, the Yahoo Groups page looks different. IE 7 does not fully work for some reason. Mozilla does.

          It's my guess that you have a program on your computer that is crashing Yahoo, or at least a part of it. I've been reading of your problems with the new site and I too had problems with IE. But the Yahoo Groups program and features run fine when using Mozilla.

          May I suggest that if you have 2 computers (maybe a laptop and a desktop, or a tablet) that you try to access Yahoo on another computer and see what happens. First you have to sign into Yahoo when you open Yahoo Groups (unlike the older version in August). Then click on Conversations. On the line below conversations and to the right, click on VIEW and from the drop down menu, select SLIM (Thanks Jeff). Then click on messages. A listing of the messages and message numbers should appear similar to the old format. When you click on a message to read it, it should open up with a purple button in the upper right above the message box that says REPLY. If this does not happen on one computer, try it on another to see if a program or a glitch (corrupted link?) could be the cause.

          I still do not like this format, or the arrangement of the photo albums, yada, yada, yada, but with patience I have been able to make it work.

          Has anyone been able to find a way for copied and pasted links (ie; to eBay auction pages) to be active within a message when posted and clicked on? I still have to hilight and copy the 12 digit auction # and re-open eBay separately on another page to get to see what someone is referring to when they ask a question about an eBay item.

          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 27, 2013

            I'm have both Mozzilla FireFox and IE  (don't know what #)

            I can reply now, so things are OK, but as many have noted,
            I really don't like this new format.....  I think BJ Neff is
            talking with his tech expert to possibly move ECIE to
            another host.........

            Have a great ThanksGiving Day and weekend, everyone........

            Fred

              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 27, 2013

                Has anyone been able to find a way for copied and pasted links (ie; to eBay auction pages) to be active within a message when posted and clicked on? I still have to hilight and copy the 12 digit auction # and re-open eBay separately on another page to get to see what someone is referring to when they ask a question about an eBay item.

                Indeed, Yes you can post a link by using the 'show me'  tab. When you decide to 'REPLY' to a post which will be part of the thread...other options then appear. You can change text, color of text, size of text ETC. There is a tab there to the far right on the header (left of the 'happy face')...that is the LINK insert box. Click on it and paste your link. (I will post a screen shot so others can see)

                Here is a Link using the method I've explained. What you cannot do is give it a name. Before these changes you could. The link is for the homepage of ECIE.

                I will save a screen shot of this message and post it so all can see WTF I'm referring to.