Philadelphia Show

  • numismistake
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 20, 2013
      Went to the Philadelphia show yeaterday. For the first time in several years, 2 other shows took precidence at the Phil. Convention Center displacing the coin show to 2 halls down. I was disappointed with the number of dealers and overall attendance. This show was much smaller that in previous years, and easily 1/2+ the hall's floor space was cordoned off or otherwise unused. About 130 total booths, and of 8, one entire aisle (#100) was unsold.

      Mike Maino was the only error dealer there. He said he had sold a lot at Rosemont's ANA last month. I did manage to see other errors on the floor but they were overpriced or commons. I finally spent a total of $45 on 2 coins late in the day at an unexpected table.

      The pastrami on rye ($10) at Hershel's in the Reading Terminal Market across the street was, as usual, worth the trip in itself. I Amtracked ($72 R/T) it home with my tail dragging behind me this time.

      But it was otherwise a beautiful day to travel, and to be in Philly.