1830 Bust Half Large 0 Variety or Counterfiet?

  • jdr_mcb
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 14, 2013
      I recently purchased this 1830 Bust Half Dollar from a reputable online auction company and received it in the mail today. They guarantee that all US coins they sell are 100% authentic. However besides being holed, I have concerns such as, the coin doesn't appear to have ANY visible denticles on the obverse or reverse, all 13 stars are attached to the rim and the edge lettering is suspect to say the least! Any thoughts or opinions would be greatly appreciated as I only have minimal knowledge of this coin type and a small window of time to contact the company and return the coin for a full refund! THANKS!

    • Michael Evanchik
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 15, 2013
        if you don't have a lot of knowledge on this coin type, why would you buy it? it looks ok to me, but its beat to hell.i sure hope you got it cheal as hell.

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 18, 2013

           Thanks everybody!! I recently started a 7070 and was able to snag this coin BELOW melt for a hole filler! That's why I had a few concerns. Coin in hand, it seemed authentic but the lack of denticles put that sense of doubt in my head. Thanks for clearing that up for me!