Re: [Error Coin Information Exchange] LOOKS SPLIT AFTER STRUCK

  • dermestid
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 13, 2013
      I agree with you completely, Marc.

      In a message dated 9/13/2013 3:00:24 P.M. Central Daylight Time, numismistake@... writes:

      This slabbed error appears to me to be incorrectly attributed and then embellished by the seller:

      http://www.ebay.com/itm/1958-P-1c-STRUCK-THRU-CLOTH-RARE-EARLY-DATE-NGC-UNC-Details-C-1216-/271276389395?pt=Coins_US_Individual&hash=item3f29553413

      Looks every bit to me as a simple split after struck error. Why the seller got to add 'Struck Thru Cloth' evades me. I'd bet that a simple weigh-in would put the coin in the 1.6g range. Too bad almost all error slabs are still 'weightless'. It would be a simple and valuable addition for error coins.