My Last POST On New Format: Yahoo's Response:

  • numismistake
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 10, 2013

      Admin response

      An idea you follow has been updated:

      40097
      votes
      Gathering feedback
      +1 vote

      Return Groups format to prior format that WORKS!

      Gathering feedback

      We’ve made a number of changes to the new experience, based on feedback from you, some of them are:

      1. Previous / Next navigation to move from one message or topic to another is now working well

      2. The default page that opens when clicking on a group name on the left navigation panel is messages as requested by many of our users

      3. The messages list shows a larger preview of the message this is the same view as seen on the ‘Groups home’ page that has latest updates from across your groups

      4. Message history is more discoverable on the conversation toolbar – this allows access to messages from the archive by specific month and year

      5.Photos albums and photos have their title information displayed by default ( it was appearing on hover)

      6. Files – list of files and folders can be sorted alphabetically.

      7. Improvements in making the customization of cover Image for your group work well with all major browser versions.

      8. Search messages using universal search – we’ve made it more discoverable by using default text in the search box that reads “Search conversations”

      9. Optimized experience for Tablets

      10. Optimized experience for Mobile phones – now you can use conversations, photos and Polls ( not all features are enabled for the mobile experience)

      To make the transition easy to the new experience, we’ve had the product overview video & the product tour slideshow available since the beginning.

      The groups help site as well as the community help site on Y! Answers have help articles specific to features and how to use them. Links to help articles are placed contextually in the product experience.

      We will continue to make changes based on feedback.

      - Yahoo Groups Product Team

      We deeply value how much you, our users, care about Yahoo Groups. Today we launched our first update to the Groups experience in several years and while these changes are an important step to building a more modern Groups experience, we recognize that this is a considerable change.
      We are listening to all of the community feedback and we are actively measuring user feedback so we can continuously make improvements.
      - The Yahoo Groups Team

      Product Support
      Product Support
      Admin, Yahoo