Re: [Error Coin Information Exchange] RE: Is the new groups format the end of...

  • jerry_jaske
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 1, 2013
      I am not seeing the problems reported-maybe my Yahoo software has not been changed. I can still sort photo albums by album name, creator, last date modified. In addition I can select to display the photos as a thumbnail, list, or slideshow. Regarding the messages, I have a search facility at the top of the messages list that I can search by message number or whatever word I'm looking for. i.e. "brockage" for example.

      --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, innff@... wrote:

      > Is there any part of the ECIE that can be salvaged?
      >

      > In a message dated 9/1/2013 12:26:54 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      > no_reply@yahoogroups.com writes:
      >

      > I did see you could only search by message number. Yes image/album function
      > is very disappointing.
      >
      > Other than submitting feedback, I'm not certain what can be done.
      >

      > --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, <mdia1@...>
      > wrote:
      >

      > I predict a steady withering of activity on this site, now that the
      > "improvements" introduced by Yahoo has made it nearly unusable. There is no
      > longer a Search facility, making the message board archives inaccessible.
      > Photo albums can no longer be listed alphabetically or chronologically.
      > Complete thumbnails are no longer available for albums or individual photos.
      > If Yahoo wants to kill the groups concept, why don't they just pull the
      > plug, instead of implementing a slow death?

    • Michael Evanchik
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 2, 2013
        I didpersonally write to yahoo begging to return the old system- hopefully if enough do the same, maybe they'll do something.

        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 2, 2013
          just voted and posted another comment- up to just shy of 30k votes now.

          Lots of folks upset. I began composing a scathing feedback message but instead voted on a post that said it well. Over 25K votes on this one already!