Re: Any good finds at the ANA in Chicago?

    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 22, 2013
      It was a pleasure to meet up with you as well, Jeff. Besides Jeff, other hobby luminaries included Ken Potter, Al Raddi, Mike Howard (CONECA's treasurer), and Mark Lighterman. The club table was pleasantly busy. I only spent about 2 hours at the CONECA table as I had a lot to see in my two days at the show.

      --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, jylitalo <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > The two coins Mike refers to are absolutely extraordinary. It was quite
      > a sight to see both pairs in Chicago after he acquired them from Jon
      > Sullivan and Mike brought them over to the CONECA table so we could
      > study them together! ...(Not to mention my absolute joy in meeting Mike
      > Diamond for the first time after nearly 10 years of back and forth
      > communication!)
      > Eagerly do I look forward to your write-up Champ!
      > Jeff
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > I'll post photos after my article comes out in Coin World. Since
      > they're nice enough to employ me as a columnist, the least I can do is
      > give them the scoop. I will say that my description of the sequence of
      > events is likely to leave behind half my readers. But that can't be
      > helped. You can't do an end-run around a complex reality.
      > >
      > > --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "Marc"
      > numismistake@ wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hi Mike...glad to hear that you came across so many errors at the
      > show.
      > > >
      > > > I couldn't make it to Chicago this year, but I hope to find most of
      > the same cast of characters (and errors?) at the Whitman Philadelphia
      > show next month (2 hours away instead of 10).
      > > >
      > > > Gee, when you described the mated pair you bought from Jon, I almost
      > fell over trying to imagine what it looked like....Could you be kind
      > enough to post some pix for me (us)? It sounds like a real wowser, as
      > Len would say.
      > > >
      > > > Glad you enjoyed the show.

    • Marc
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 22, 2013
        I'll gladly & eagerly wait for your CW article on the pair. It's just the 'hobby' in me that can't.

        If it took YOU 5 hours to sequence the events that led to this error, well...I'll guess just have to wait...