1985-D Half Dollar Error?

  • jdr_mcb
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 28 4:48 PM
      I just posted some pics of a 1985-D Kennedy half dollar I would like opinions on.
      THANKS!!!
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 28 6:47 PM
        The dent in Kennedy's head was made by a patch of compacted die fill ("grease") on the obverse die. Die fill tends to accumulate opposite the eagle. The doubling on Kennedy's face is machine doubling (push doubling subtype).