Error strike thru?

  • Robert Risi
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 26, 2013
    • 99 KB
    I assume this is a legit strike thru.
    Can anyone confirm it. Thanks
    Message 2 of 3 , Jul 26, 2013
      It looks genuine to me. There's a raised ghost image in the floor of the depression, which is often an indicator of authenticity. However, when surface metal is dissolved with acid, you also get what appears to be a ghost image. But this doesn't look like an acid job to me.

      You can weigh it just to make sure.

      --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, Robert Risi <rjrisi@...> wrote:

      > I assume this is a legit strike thru.
      > Can anyone confirm it. Thanks