Re: ??Error Pennies??

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 21, 2013
      Neither of these coins are errors. The first cent is covered with a layer of transparent, dried glue to which was affixed the reverse of another cent. It's fallen off, leaving an incuse impression of its design.

      The second specimen is a "Texas cent". After the plating was chemically stripped, the coin was pounded between two pieces of hard leather so that it expanded in all directions. Other, similar techniques can be presumably used to produce this effect.