Passing of "Lonesome" John Devine

  • fred_weinberg
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 15, 2013
      I just came in the office and had a message
      from Peggy Devine about John's passing away.

      Thanks Ronn & J.T. for posting her message here.

      I'm saddened to hear about John - for those of you
      who never met him,he was, as mentioned, an absoulte
      dynamo for the error coin hobby - smart, great sense
      of humor, and generous with his time and knowledge.

      I'm sure we'll be seeing posts here of stories; I'll
      add to some as the week goes on - because John's
      Print shop, office, and his home were all just about
      30 minutes away from where I was living in the 70's,
      I did spend alot of time with John (and Peggy) at
      their home and the shop - I was very lucky to be able
      to absorb some of John's knowledge; he made collecting
      and dealing in errors fun, as well as educational.

      I hope CONECA makes special mention of him next month
      at the ANA in Chicago.

      Fred Weinberg