Slightly Off-Center 1907 Liberty Nickel or Just a Wide Rim?

  • Rev Paul Bulgerin
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 10, 2013
    I have this 1907 "V" Nickel that has a slightly wider rim on one side.  Is this a slightly off-center coin or one that just has one rim wider than the other and is nothing out of the ordinary?

    Thanks for your opinions.

    Paul Bulgerin
    bulgerin@...
  • dermestid
    Message 2 of 3 , Jul 11, 2013
      You've got a slight horizontal misalignment of the obverse (hammer) die.  It's too insignificant to be considered an error.

      Message 3 of 3 , Jul 11, 2013
        Thanks for letting me know what's what with the coin.  I appreciate the information.

        Paul Bulgerin