Re: 1943P die clash on flawed planchet?

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 6, 2013
      In a coin this worn these tiny imperfections could be almost anything. There's no reason to think they represent a clash mark or any kind of minting error.

      You are peering too intently at your coins and either seeing things that are not there or misinterpreting random spots of damage or discoloration as something meaningful.

      Your hunt would undoubtedly prove more fruitful if you were to search for more obvious defects and restrict your sample to coins whose condition is EF or better.