1943P die clash on flawed planchet?

  • wheatpennymaniac
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 5, 2013
      This has many anomalies and I've tried to point out most, but I can see I missed some markers that are also clear in the photos.
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 6, 2013
        Aside from a few minor lamination cracks, I see nothing unusual in this worn nickel. There are certainly no clash marks.

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 6, 2013
          --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "wheatpennymaniac" <wheatpennymaniac@...> wrote:

          > This has many anomalies and I've tried to point out most, but I can see I missed some markers that are also clear in the photos.

          Thanks Mike. I really only believe there to be a clash evident between B and E of liberty. Horizontally, protruding from the center of B looks like the corresponding R from the opposite side in that location. Pic #30 shows this best.
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 6, 2013
            In a coin this worn these tiny imperfections could be almost anything. There's no reason to think they represent a clash mark or any kind of minting error.

            You are peering too intently at your coins and either seeing things that are not there or misinterpreting random spots of damage or discoloration as something meaningful.

            Your hunt would undoubtedly prove more fruitful if you were to search for more obvious defects and restrict your sample to coins whose condition is EF or better.