Re: Abrasion doubling debunked

  • JAG68007
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1 11:38 AM

      > If you subscribe to Coin World, my debunking of the concept of abrasion doubling appears in this week's online issue. For those who don't subscribe, I'll let you know when the public online version is released (it's usually late Saturday).

      Thanks for the article. This one finally spurred me to stop procrastinating and subscribe to Coin World. I never could convince myself that the 1971 Lincoln Cent anomaly was abrasion doubling. I have never examined one up close, and was unaware of the other irregularities such as the spikes and bumps.

      Jody