Re: 1916 buffalo nickel error/cud lettering, etc?

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 30, 2013
      I see no extraneous letters. All I see is a heavily worn, heavily discolored nickel. I suspect you're interpreting random patterns as meaningful ones. Kind of like seeing Jesus in a piece of burnt toast.

      --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "dikx.rm" <dikx@...> wrote:

      > Just posted a new file (1916 blackened buffalo nickel obv.-- metals used?) which has initials VOFS. There appears to be other lettering.
      >
      > Any ideas on how they got there?

    • dikx.rm
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 1, 2013
        I just posted a cropped photo with white squares around where I beleive to be letters. (--Jesus might look better there - and, there would be alot more interest?)

        I have also posted a photo of the reverse. Just wondering if it is heavily worn or occured due to metals, strike or some other error?

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 1, 2013
          I see nothing recognizable in the areas you outlined.