1916 buffalo nickel error/cud lettering, etc?

  • dikx.rm
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 29, 2013
      Just posted a new file (1916 blackened buffalo nickel obv.-- metals used?) which has initials VOFS. There appears to be other lettering.

      Any ideas on how they got there?
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 30, 2013
        I see no extraneous letters. All I see is a heavily worn, heavily discolored nickel. I suspect you're interpreting random patterns as meaningful ones. Kind of like seeing Jesus in a piece of burnt toast.

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 1 5:07 AM
          I just posted a cropped photo with white squares around where I beleive to be letters. (--Jesus might look better there - and, there would be alot more interest?)

          I have also posted a photo of the reverse. Just wondering if it is heavily worn or occured due to metals, strike or some other error?

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 1 5:18 AM
            I see nothing recognizable in the areas you outlined.