Raised Metal on Standing Liberty Quarter

  • Rev Paul Bulgerin
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 12, 2013
    I received this 1919 Standing Liberty Quarter today and while examining it I noticed a raised line of metal at the 6:00 position on the reverse running from the rim, under the final R in QUARTER, under one of the stars and then into the reverse field.  The letter and star appear to be struck over it.

    What sort of error is this?

    Thanks in advance for any help.

    Paul Bulgerin
    bulgerin@...