RE: [Error Coin Information Exchange] U.S. Error Coin Weak Strike Dime

  • Steve Mills
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 4, 2013

      I picked up one of these, also, several weeks ago. I honestly didn't see the reeding. Actually, I would preferred that it didn't have it. My preference is always for a single error on a coin. Not always possible, unfortunately. I would really like to see a press up close so I could understand the concept of a stiff collar. That whole area of stiff collars, RAM strikes, strike clips etc. I find confusing.

      As a side note, when I see a number of similar coins sold I wonder if the seller has a barrel full. Just like other coins we've seen over the years (e.g. The Euro mule, the Eisenhower off metal or the 1995 Double Die Lincoln) where they are not nearly as rare, especially given the small universe of collectors, as we might suspect.