Re: Has anyone come across the elusive "hat trick"?

  • fred_weinberg
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 1, 2013
      Someone will place an order in China for a :

      Off-Center, Ragged End Clip, 1955 Doubled Die

      That would be a 'hat trick' !

      > Has anyone come across a coin that simultaneously features a significant planchet error, a significant striking error, and a significant die error? I've never encountered one, but I suspect that some day I will.

    • rjrisi
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 1, 2013
        I have a 20% o/c dbl die 55 cent on a 2.5g silver dime planchet.
        Lolololol

        Sent from my iPhone

        On Apr 1, 2013, at 10:25 AM, fred_weinberg <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        Someone will place an order in China for a :

        Off-Center, Ragged End Clip, 1955 Doubled Die

        That would be a 'hat trick' !

        > Has anyone come across a coin that simultaneously features a significant planchet error, a significant striking error, and a significant die error? I've never encountered one, but I suspect that some day I will.

      • Travis
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 1, 2013
          If I had one I would call it a "trifecta" even though I was a big Gretzky fan as a kid and saw some great hat tricks.

          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 1, 2013
            Travis -

            I happen to already use the term "trifecta" - but no
            in relationship to coins.

            There's a local steak house here in Encino, and they
            have a dinner special that's a Lobster, stuffed with
            shrimp, with two Alaska King Crab Legs laying on top !

            THAT's a (shellfish) Trifecta !!!

            --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "Travis" <travisbolton543@...> wrote:

            > If I had one I would call it a "trifecta" even though I was a big Gretzky fan as a kid and saw some great hat tricks.

            > > Has anyone come across a coin that simultaneously features a significant planchet error, a significant striking error, and a significant die error? I've never encountered one, but I suspect that some day I will.

          • Jon Sullivan
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 1, 2013
              That's a tough combo, and I can't recall seeing a coin like that.

              Jon

              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 1, 2013
                Owning the mythical coin would be nice but I could settle for your trifecta Fred because I like seafood!

                --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, fred_weinberg <no_reply@...> wrote:

                > Travis -
                >
                > I happen to already use the term "trifecta" - but no
                > in relationship to coins.
                >
                > There's a local steak house here in Encino, and they
                > have a dinner special that's a Lobster, stuffed with
                > shrimp, with two Alaska King Crab Legs laying on top !
                >
                > THAT's a (shellfish) Trifecta !!!
                >

                > --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "Travis" <travisbolton543@> wrote:
                > >
                > > If I had one I would call it a "trifecta" even though I was a big Gretzky fan as a kid and saw some great hat tricks.
                > >
                > > --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Diamond" <mdia1@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Has anyone come across a coin that simultaneously features a significant planchet error, a significant striking error, and a significant die error? I've never encountered one, but I suspect that some day I will.

              • Michael Evanchik
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 2, 2013
                  with plenty of butter & lemon