Has anyone come across the elusive "hat trick"?

    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 31, 2013
      Has anyone come across a coin that simultaneously features a significant planchet error, a significant striking error, and a significant die error? I've never encountered one, but I suspect that some day I will.
    • fred_weinberg
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 1, 2013
        Someone will place an order in China for a :

        Off-Center, Ragged End Clip, 1955 Doubled Die

        That would be a 'hat trick' !

        > Has anyone come across a coin that simultaneously features a significant planchet error, a significant striking error, and a significant die error? I've never encountered one, but I suspect that some day I will.

      • rjrisi
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 1, 2013
          I have a 20% o/c dbl die 55 cent on a 2.5g silver dime planchet.
          Lolololol

          Sent from my iPhone

          On Apr 1, 2013, at 10:25 AM, fred_weinberg <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

          Someone will place an order in China for a :

          Off-Center, Ragged End Clip, 1955 Doubled Die

          That would be a 'hat trick' !

          > Has anyone come across a coin that simultaneously features a significant planchet error, a significant striking error, and a significant die error? I've never encountered one, but I suspect that some day I will.

        • Travis
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 1, 2013
            If I had one I would call it a "trifecta" even though I was a big Gretzky fan as a kid and saw some great hat tricks.

            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 1, 2013
              Travis -

              I happen to already use the term "trifecta" - but no
              in relationship to coins.

              There's a local steak house here in Encino, and they
              have a dinner special that's a Lobster, stuffed with
              shrimp, with two Alaska King Crab Legs laying on top !

              THAT's a (shellfish) Trifecta !!!

              --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "Travis" <travisbolton543@...> wrote:

              > If I had one I would call it a "trifecta" even though I was a big Gretzky fan as a kid and saw some great hat tricks.

              > > Has anyone come across a coin that simultaneously features a significant planchet error, a significant striking error, and a significant die error? I've never encountered one, but I suspect that some day I will.

            • Jon Sullivan
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 1, 2013
                That's a tough combo, and I can't recall seeing a coin like that.

                Jon

                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 1, 2013
                  Owning the mythical coin would be nice but I could settle for your trifecta Fred because I like seafood!

                  --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, fred_weinberg <no_reply@...> wrote:

                  > Travis -
                  >
                  > I happen to already use the term "trifecta" - but no
                  > in relationship to coins.
                  >
                  > There's a local steak house here in Encino, and they
                  > have a dinner special that's a Lobster, stuffed with
                  > shrimp, with two Alaska King Crab Legs laying on top !
                  >
                  > THAT's a (shellfish) Trifecta !!!
                  >

                  > --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "Travis" <travisbolton543@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > If I had one I would call it a "trifecta" even though I was a big Gretzky fan as a kid and saw some great hat tricks.
                  > >
                  > > --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Diamond" <mdia1@> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > Has anyone come across a coin that simultaneously features a significant planchet error, a significant striking error, and a significant die error? I've never encountered one, but I suspect that some day I will.

                • Michael Evanchik
                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 2, 2013
                    with plenty of butter & lemon