Re: Triple-struck quarter

  • wgfulton
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 4, 2013

      Could this coin have sold low because of the metallic forceps used to display the edge of the coin?  Seemed rather foolish and damaging and broke all my self-imposed coin handling rules.

    • Jon Sullivan
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 4, 2013

        Nice multi-strike, and it did sell for less than I'd have expected, but the photos probably didn't help the auction. Also, the fact that the seller has the coin clamped between metal pliers probably didn't help either.

        On Feb 4, 2013, at 11:31 AM, bill@... wrote:

        Could this coin have sold low because of the metallic forceps used to display the edge of the coin?  Seemed rather foolish and damaging and broke all my self-imposed coin handling rules.

      • Michael Evanchik
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 4, 2013
          was quite surprised at the price also.ive seen several triple struck cents the were not as eye appealing go for more then this recently.

          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 4, 2013
            i seem to be usually beat by one increment on these types of things,but was in the hospital for a bunch of interesting things in the last few days.just wasnt up to it though.

            I would of expected $400 to $700 compared to past dramatic double and triple strikes. This one really had no last second snipes??
            Sent from my iPhone