Retained collar break on dime

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 4, 2013
      This 1965 dime shows a nice example of a retained collar break:

      http://www.ebay.com/itm/121058628886

      It also has strong clash marks.

      I don't recall seeing any conventional collar breaks among reeded coins, that is where a piece of the collar has completely broken away, leaving a section of smooth edge. Anybody here ever encountered one? I've only seen retained collar breaks, bilateral split collars, and collar chips.
    • rjrisi

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 4, 2013

            She could put manure in a bag and get a good price. Never understood why.