Re: [Error Coin Information Exchange] Triple-struck quarter

  • rjrisi
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 3, 2013
      I would of expected $400 to $700 compared to past dramatic double and triple strikes. This one really had no last second snipes??

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Feb 3, 2013, at 2:56 PM, "Mike Diamond" <mdia1@...> wrote:

      Here's another gorgeous error that sold for much less than I expected:

      http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130841797068

      Beautiful condition and all strikes die-struck on both faces.

    • wgfulton
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 4, 2013

        Could this coin have sold low because of the metallic forceps used to display the edge of the coin?  Seemed rather foolish and damaging and broke all my self-imposed coin handling rules.

      • Jon Sullivan
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 4, 2013

          Nice multi-strike, and it did sell for less than I'd have expected, but the photos probably didn't help the auction. Also, the fact that the seller has the coin clamped between metal pliers probably didn't help either.

          On Feb 4, 2013, at 11:31 AM, bill@... wrote:

          Could this coin have sold low because of the metallic forceps used to display the edge of the coin?  Seemed rather foolish and damaging and broke all my self-imposed coin handling rules.

        • Michael Evanchik