Re: Beautiful off-center strike with mirror brockage

  • Marc
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 3 10:59 AM
      It's the same old story. Brockages and capped die strikes still do not get the re$pect they deserve. It's somewhat unfortunate for this capped die (everything) collector. Perhaps the abundance of these error types from '99 to '01 has something to do with it.
    • stevenamills
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 3 3:03 PM
        --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "Marc" wrote:

        > It's the same old story. Brockages and capped die strikes still do not get the re$pect they deserve. It's somewhat unfortunate for this capped die (everything) collector. Perhaps the abundance of these error types from '99 to '01 has something to do with it.

        I know "certification" is not particularly popular in this group, but almost every bargain seems too be raw. I, personally, rarely buy an uncertified coin, unless it is a serious bargain. Just too much hassle when it's time to sell.
      • Jon Sullivan
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 4 9:38 AM
          As others have said, they're somewhat "common" for those early years, and I've found the price is pretty hit and miss with these.

          It's a nice looking coin, but there has to be 2 interested bidders bidding at the same time for a price to go "high", which for this coin wasn't the case. In another auction the coin could've gone for hundreds more. It's the nature of a free-market.

          Jon

          i was shocked the price wasnt more.its exactly something im looking for-but collecting only lincoln memorial errors,it didnt fit my collection parameters.

          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 4 11:01 AM
            what coin are you referring to?