Re: [Error Coin Information Exchange] Beautiful off-center strike with mirror...

  • oldsubguru
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 3, 2013
      Yes, it is a very nice error coin and was listed under errors. While this may have been under priced, the more common errors (off center, double struck, broadstrike) seem to have a somewhat dramatic increase in price. Are people starting to realize that these type error coins are not making it out of the mint as they did 10 years ago?

      BJ Neff

      In a message dated 2/3/2013 9:12:31 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, rjrisi@... writes:

      I recently sold one that was 30% off center with rev. Mirror Brock. NGC au58 I think and got my asking price of $650. They are in that retail range from $600-800. And yes common on 1920 dates as with other error types like buffalo on cents from 1920.
      Was this coin in the error category.

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Feb 3, 2013, at 8:58 AM, "Mike Diamond" <mdia1@...> wrote:

      I was somewhat surprised that the bidding for this cent wasn't more spirited:

      http://www.ebay.com/itm/200886221191

      Given it's early date (1921), excellent (AU-58) condition, and stupendous eye-appeal, I wouldn't have been surprised had it gone for $800.

      I didn't bid, since I coughed up a hefty chunk of change for that dime on a copper core, and also since I have other low-pressure brockages (or brockage-makers) on both U.S. and foreign coins.

      For some reason, these low-pressure brockages are fairly well-represented among cents from 1919 through 1921, with 1920 the most common date.

      Anybody here come away with it?