Re: 25c Argentina - two indents by feed finger

  • jylitalo
    Message 1 of 34 , Dec 4, 2012
      Just so they can break apart. That is unacceptable to me.

      Sheeeiit....no way. Are they that f'n Cheap?

      I'm losing heart here.

      --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, jylitalo <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > Surely you jest.
      >
      > Surely, you are, please say it is not true.
      >
      > Why?

      > > Many U.S. coin designs were struck on aluminum feeder fingers. Whether it's pure aluminum or some aluminum alloy, I can't say. No metallurgical analysis was ever published, to my knowledge. These are lightweight, brittle feeder fingers designed to break away when struck, sparing the dies from damage.
      > >
      > > I'd love to have one, but they're too pricey for my tastes.
      > >
      > > --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, jylitalo <no_reply@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Actually, let me correct myself. As I recall, the frags of feed fingers made out of aluminum were on the market some years ago. It never made sense to me, but hey....whatever it takes...Come On Now...US coins struck by feed fingers composed of aluminum....give me a break.

    • fred_weinberg
      Message 34 of 34 , Dec 6, 2012
        Steve,

        I think I recall seeing it; I don't believe it was mine.

        My faint recollection was that it was aluminum, very thin,
        not from a FF, but I couldn't figure out what it may have
        been, or what it came from.....sorry 'bout that..........

        Fred