Re: 25c Argentina - two indents by feed finger

  • jylitalo
    Message 1 of 34 , Dec 4, 2012
      It is a damn tough error type to happen-chance upon, Steve.

      I'd like to see a US coin, if any exist, that show indentations from a feed finger. If I can't see images of it, then I sure would like to hear about it from a reputable source.

      I'll be writing an article about coins struck by feed fingers in a far looming issue of ErrorScope but it is months down the road.

      That is a challenge to any out there who can or are willing comply with my request.....both seeing and knowing of a substantial indentation by a feed finger on a US coin (without doubt).

      Those aluminum frags struck by a supposed US feed finger in the not too distant past SUCK.

      Jeff

      --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "Steven Mills" <steve@...> wrote:

      > You're on a roll. That's a handsome coin. Still looking for my first "feed finger" error. (That I can afford, that is!)

    • fred_weinberg
      Message 34 of 34 , Dec 6, 2012
        Steve,

        I think I recall seeing it; I don't believe it was mine.

        My faint recollection was that it was aluminum, very thin,
        not from a FF, but I couldn't figure out what it may have
        been, or what it came from.....sorry 'bout that..........

        Fred