Re: 25c Argentina - two indents by feed finger

    Message 1 of 34 , Dec 3, 2012
      I agree that you've got two indentations from a feeder finger. I suspect the deeper indentation was produced first, as it retains the original shape better and there are no design elements in the floor.

      A very neat error by any standard.

      --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, jylitalo <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > (4 x images uploaded to default folder).
      >
      > An interesting study here. It is a 25 centavos from Argentina that has been multi-struck and also indented by a feed finger.
      >
      > There seem to be two sizable indents side by side. The shallower indent can be seen design detail of multiple strikes (before the indent occurred). The indent adjacent to the first is much deeper and nearer to the rim.
      >
      > I placed a feed finger struck by Chilean 50 pesos dies over the outer indent to visually separate the two indents. A 25 centavos coin is 24.2 mm in diameter while a 50 pesos coin from Chile is just slightly larger, 25 mm. (I suspect that the 50 pesos feed finger is similar in size to a feed finger striking 25 centavos from Argentina).
      >
      > While I have several other coins struck by feed fingers, this one shows what I think are two separate indents by a feed finger side by side.

    • fred_weinberg
      Message 34 of 34 , Dec 6, 2012
        Steve,

        I think I recall seeing it; I don't believe it was mine.

        My faint recollection was that it was aluminum, very thin,
        not from a FF, but I couldn't figure out what it may have
        been, or what it came from.....sorry 'bout that..........

        Fred