Gorgeous clashed cap strike

    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 2 5:19 AM
      This looks to be the first or second impression of a clashed cap:

      http://www.ebay.com/itm/110928538943

      The auction was cancelled shortly after it appeared on eBay.
    • iberdy2
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 7 5:53 AM
        It's back with a "Reserve" on it.

        > This looks to be the first or second impression of a clashed cap:
        >
        > http://www.ebay.com/itm/110928538943
        >
        > The auction was cancelled shortly after it appeared on eBay.

      • James Wolfe
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 7 6:39 AM
          are you nuts???

          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 7 6:44 AM
            again ,are you a nut??? lincoln cent resoure, try it you may like it !!!

            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 7 7:21 AM
              what kinda of nut are you???

              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 7 9:11 AM
                I see no reason or rationale for insults. If you have a point to make to make, do it politely.

              • innff@aol.com
                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 7 9:42 AM
                  I find your insinuations to be childlike and your knowledge of errors to be very questionable. As for being on LCR, we both are contributing members of that group. It does seem that this fact eluded you in your haste to be a bit belligerent to this post.

                  I recommend that you refrain from verbal abuse on this site (and others included) and act with a bit compassion when addressing your peers concerning matters of numismatics.

                  BJ Neff

                  In a message dated 8/7/2012 10:21:58 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, wolfejames58@... writes:

                  what kinda of nut are you???

                  again ,are you a nut??? lincoln cent resoure, try it you may like it !!!

                  > This looks to be the first or second impression of a clashed cap:
                  >
                  > http://www.ebay.com/itm/110928538943
                  >
                  > The auction was cancelled shortly after it appeared on eBay.

                • Dan
                  Message 8 of 10 , Aug 7 11:15 AM
                    http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&_trksid=p4340.l2565&rt=nc&item=110928538943

                    It looks like it was listed for the full 5 days.  If it were priced around 5-10 bucks. Buying something like this with  NO RETURNS ACCEPTED is a red flag in my book, especially when s/he is showing it listed as a buy me now for $300. and the other stuff the person sells is clothes and kitchen stuff...  Hmmm...
                    Please excuse my typos, It is something difficult for me to control

                    Photos - http://www.qoinage.com/photography

                    It's back with a "Reserve" on it.

                    Message 9 of 10 , Aug 7 1:03 PM
                      There's no doubt it's a genuine error and a standout example of this error type. However, give the nature of the error and the coin's condition, it's simply overpriced.

                      Message 10 of 10 , Aug 7 4:46 PM
                        Once again.  I was not trying to suggest it was not an error (genuine or not) :-) I was suggesting the person selling it likely had no clue as to the value other than perhaps passing thru some place that seems to believe that high prices for mistakes is warranted <BG>

                        There are people on eBay and the other auction/for sale sites who have less than a full set of scruples.  There are also those that play the game like some of the TV shows I have seen and just acquire things and list them hoping to get someone to pay far more than something is worth (and do it from time to time)

                        That is what raises the flag for me.