[Error Coin Information Exchange] Re: wrong stock errors

  • Mike Diamond <mdia1@aol.com>
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 6, 2003
      I don't recall having seen a dime stock quarter of this date. The
      weight falls right within the expected range of variation for this
      error. I know Ken Potter used to list a wide assortment of dime
      stock quarters, but I can't remember if this date was among the many
      he listed.

      I have a 1979 dime stock quarter, which I understand is also a rare
      date for this error.

      --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, Jon P. Sullivan
      <errcoins@b...> wrote:
      > Thanks Mike and group for responding to my question. Has anyone
      seen a
      > 1992 Washington quarter on dime stock? I purchased one that is
      slabbed
      > in a NGC holder. The coin weighs 4.3 grams.
      >
      > Jon
    • Jon P. Sullivan
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 6, 2003
        I have done business with Ken, and I never saw one in his inventory, of
        this date. I asked Rich Schemmer and Fred Weinberg about the coin, and
        both said they had never seen a 1992 quarter on dime stock. Neither
        doubted its authenticity.

        If you ever want to sell the 1979, I would be very interested in
        purchasing it. I don't have that date in my collection, and have never
        even heard of it. You learn something new every day!

        Jon