Unusual pattern of breakage on this large cud

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 4, 2011
      It looks like a number of shallow flakes spalled off the die face along the internal margin of this large cud:

      http://www.ebay.com/itm/380387082558

      At least two bidders considered it worth a hefty bid. I wasn't even close.
    • jeff ylitalo
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 5, 2011
        I had that on my watch list. My bid didn't even register.

        Here is another I was watching. It has a nice interior die break/cud. Again, not even close for a win.

        http://www.ebay.com/itm/290638782232?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

        It looks like a number of shallow flakes spalled off the die face along the internal margin of this large cud:

        http://www.ebay.com/itm/380387082558

        At least two bidders considered it worth a hefty bid. I wasn't even close.

      • Jon P. Sullivan
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 7, 2011
          Nice cud, and I think the $200 range is reasonable for it, myself. I like cuds like this with the granular metal around the the smooth part of the cud: makes the coin more interesting.

          Jon

          On Dec 4, 2011, at 11:43 PM, Mike Diamond wrote:

          It looks like a number of shallow flakes spalled off the die face along the internal margin of this large cud:

          http://www.ebay.com/itm/380387082558

          At least two bidders considered it worth a hefty bid. I wasn't even close.

          Sullivan Numismatics
          Your Source for Quality Errors & Varieties