Re: [Error Coin Information Exchange] Double capped die strike?

  • jeff ylitalo
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 4, 2011
      I love IT-!

      From: Jon P. Sullivan <snumismatics@...>
      To: errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sunday, December 4, 2011 7:01 PM
      Subject: Re: [Error Coin Information Exchange] Double capped die strike?

      Nice coin!

      Jon
      On Dec 4, 2011, at 4:20 PM, Mike Diamond wrote:

      Here's an even better example that just sold on eBay.

      http://www.ebay.com/itm/US-Penny-Error-Backage-Straight-Edge-/380389469636?pt=Coins_US_Individual&hash=item5890faadc4

      It's a more desirable specimen as the area not covered by the intrusive planchet carries an early-stage brockage. I'm not sure what caused the crease in the floor of the indent.

      --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, Michael Evanchik <ivan0000013@...> wrote:

      > I agree with mike 100%.i bid 75 on this thinking it would be plenty enough to win it and i bid that beleiving it was simply a capped die strike with an indent from a second planchet.a very neat error but pretty straightfoward.regards,mike e.

      Sullivan Numismatics
      Your Source for Quality Errors & Varieties