Re: Double capped die strike?

    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 4, 2011
      Here's an even better example that just sold on eBay.

      http://www.ebay.com/itm/US-Penny-Error-Backage-Straight-Edge-/380389469636?pt=Coins_US_Individual&hash=item5890faadc4

      It's a more desirable specimen as the area not covered by the intrusive planchet carries an early-stage brockage. I'm not sure what caused the crease in the floor of the indent.

      --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, Michael Evanchik <ivan0000013@...> wrote:

      > I agree with mike 100%.i bid 75 on this thinking it would be plenty enough to win it and i bid that beleiving it was simply a capped die strike with an indent from a second planchet.a very neat error but pretty straightfoward.regards,mike e.
      >

      > ________________________________

    • Jon P. Sullivan
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 4, 2011
        Nice coin!

        Jon
        On Dec 4, 2011, at 4:20 PM, Mike Diamond wrote:

        Here's an even better example that just sold on eBay.

        http://www.ebay.com/itm/US-Penny-Error-Backage-Straight-Edge-/380389469636?pt=Coins_US_Individual&hash=item5890faadc4

        It's a more desirable specimen as the area not covered by the intrusive planchet carries an early-stage brockage. I'm not sure what caused the crease in the floor of the indent.

        --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, Michael Evanchik <ivan0000013@...> wrote:

        > I agree with mike 100%.i bid 75 on this thinking it would be plenty enough to win it and i bid that beleiving it was simply a capped die strike with an indent from a second planchet.a very neat error but pretty straightfoward.regards,mike e.

        Sullivan Numismatics
        Your Source for Quality Errors & Varieties

      • jeff ylitalo
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 4, 2011
          I love IT-!