Re: Ads in the Messages

  • fred_weinberg
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 17, 2011
      That's strange = I would have thought that the
      ads' show up on everyone's computer......there's
      a box to the right side of the main white area
      where the messages usually are - and the messages
      are all on the left side of the 'old' message box.

      Oh well....that's what I get from leavin' the office!

      Fred

    • innff@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 17, 2011
        Odd - I do not get the ads. Maybe it is because of my virus system that I run.

        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 17, 2011
          Fred - I forgot to ask; how was that Pitt. show. They did not talk well of it over on some forums

          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 17, 2011
            Yes - the show was slow.

            Although some of my customers showed up
            and bought coins, in general, the public
            seemed to be the type that wanted to see
            the cool coins shown by the ANA, and/or
            to see what their 'old coins' were worth.

            The city was nicer than I remembered it from
            2004's ANA, and our Dinner choices were very
            different and eclectic (sp?)

            I bought very little at the show - the best
            coin being a nice Double Denomination 11C piece.

            I did see a new discovery - a 50% Off Center,
            N.D. Two Cent piece - genuine, not a copy.
            The owner is having it slabbed, and it might,
            but probably will not, be for sale.....

            I'd say the lack of excitment at the show was
            due to a few factors - the economy, too many
            shows in the past 4-5 weeks, and the lack of
            fresh material (of any type) to get the dealers
            and collectors stimulated at the show.