Article on "extrusion strikes" posted online

    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 17, 2011
    • fred_weinberg
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 17, 2011
        Mike,

        I've been gone all week (ANA Pittsburgh), and
        I see that there are now Ads in the middle of
        each message on ECIE....

        Is this new, or can I delete that feature.

        It's annoying, of course; I suppose I'll get
        used to it, but would like to know if it's
        the 'new normal' for ECIE, and all other rooms...

        Fred

      • mdia1@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 17, 2011
          Hi Fred.

              I hadn't noticed the ads.  I guess it's something Yahoo is doing to try to stave off bankruptcy or hostile takeover.  It's nothing I can do anything about, unfortunately.

              I mailed back your set of 8 dimes today.  Thanks again for allowing me to study them.  Three of them appear in this week's Coin World.

          Mike

          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 17, 2011
            That's strange = I would have thought that the
            ads' show up on everyone's computer......there's
            a box to the right side of the main white area
            where the messages usually are - and the messages
            are all on the left side of the 'old' message box.

            Oh well....that's what I get from leavin' the office!

            Fred

          • innff@aol.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 17, 2011
              Odd - I do not get the ads. Maybe it is because of my virus system that I run.

              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 17, 2011
                Fred - I forgot to ask; how was that Pitt. show. They did not talk well of it over on some forums

                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 17, 2011
                  Yes - the show was slow.

                  Although some of my customers showed up
                  and bought coins, in general, the public
                  seemed to be the type that wanted to see
                  the cool coins shown by the ANA, and/or
                  to see what their 'old coins' were worth.

                  The city was nicer than I remembered it from
                  2004's ANA, and our Dinner choices were very
                  different and eclectic (sp?)

                  I bought very little at the show - the best
                  coin being a nice Double Denomination 11C piece.

                  I did see a new discovery - a 50% Off Center,
                  N.D. Two Cent piece - genuine, not a copy.
                  The owner is having it slabbed, and it might,
                  but probably will not, be for sale.....

                  I'd say the lack of excitment at the show was
                  due to a few factors - the economy, too many
                  shows in the past 4-5 weeks, and the lack of
                  fresh material (of any type) to get the dealers
                  and collectors stimulated at the show.