NEW EBAY LIMITS? (A RANT)

  • Marc
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 12, 2011
      I wanted to show a coin on this site that I believed was struck on a damaged planchet. I waited for the auction to end, and noticed that the accompanying listing photos are now blocked. I can't see the reverse of the coin which was shown while the auction was still live, and the enlarged photos no longer show up either.

      I probably could next time save the jpegs to my computer while the auction is still live, but showing them off the eBay site at a later date might not be legal.

      Looks like from now on, I can only show an 'ended' auction thumbnail photo of the item which doesn't help anyone.

      There are some other subtle changes to the non-store owning eBay collector that aren't helpful. In one, I wasn't able to, in My Summary, get a printout of my September only purchases as I had in the past. That option from the drop down menu went missing, although I could print last 60 days from today, Oct. 12 back to Aug. 13 inclusive. (Remember..no photos show after 30 days nowadays).

      Another instance of eBay malfeasance. It's annoying already. What's next?
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 12, 2011
        I just noticed the limited access to photos from closed auctions. Not a happy development.