Nice Die crack and broken die dime. Mike take a look!

  • JEFF
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 10, 2011
      Found this on ebay and thought you guys might be interested. Mike I know you are deep into the Roosevelt dime cracks and broken dies and I thought of you when I saw this.. Maybe something you don't have yet..

      http://www.ebay.com/itm/2001-ROOSEVELT-DIME-ERROR-HUGE-RETAINED-CUD-W-LARGE-DIE-BREAK-SHIFTED-LETTERS-/260867896059?pt=Coins_US_Individual&hash=item3cbcf032fb

      Jeff
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 11, 2011
        Hi Jeff. I already have a dime struck by this die pair, so I'll let someone else grab it. It's the only shattered die/50% retained cud combo known from this year. 2007 has eight or nine.

        --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "JEFF" <goodoldboy911@...> wrote:

        > Found this on ebay and thought you guys might be interested. Mike I know you are deep into the Roosevelt dime cracks and broken dies and I thought of you when I saw this.. Maybe something you don't have yet..
        >
        > http://www.ebay.com/itm/2001-ROOSEVELT-DIME-ERROR-HUGE-RETAINED-CUD-W-LARGE-DIE-BREAK-SHIFTED-LETTERS-/260867896059?pt=Coins_US_Individual&hash=item3cbcf032fb
        >
        > Jeff

      • Rob Risi
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 11, 2011
          Yeah 2007 had several and are popular....and 2001 had one, but not sure if any other date from 2000-2010 have any. This ebay coin however looks somewhat circulated as some tend to be AU... this one looks less than AU unless its the close up photos that make it look as such.

          ~ROB RISI~

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 11, 2011
            There's also one from 2006.

            Jeff, unless a coin is an obvious fake, the general rule on this message board is not to call attention to any active auctions. This gives our members a chance to snag the occasional bargain. I know you were unaware of this provision and I appreciate your generosity of spirit.