[Error Coin Information Exchange] Re: Double-struck Duke Ellington

  • Travis
    Message 1 of 21 , Jul 8, 2011

      Sorry to disappoint but I don't want to sell it right now. I like off centers with other errors and I like dimes. I'll offer it to you first if I do decide to sell. Here are scans of it..

       reverse

      obverse

      --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "Peaceful Forces" <humanrad@...> wrote:

      > to Travis B
      > Is it for Sale?
      > Please PM me : ()
      >
      > to Mike E
      > I have 1 of each(on the Reverse & The Obverse) : ()
      >
      > Bless
      >
      > Chef Ito
      >

      > --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, Michael Evanchik ivan0000013@ wrote:
      > >
      > > anyone have a lincoln memorial cent with a 1st strike mirror image of the OBVERSE???

    • Michael Evanchik
      Message 2 of 21 , Jul 8, 2011
        because of financial limitations,i now only collect lincoln memorial cent errors,but thats a beauty travis.

        Sorry to disappoint but I don't want to sell it right now. I like off centers with other errors and I like dimes. I'll offer it to you first if I do decide to sell. Here are scans of it..

        --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "Peaceful Forces" <humanrad@...> wrote:

        > to Travis B
        > Is it for Sale?
        > Please PM me : ()
        >
        > to Mike E
        > I have 1 of each(on the Reverse & The Obverse) : ()
        >
        > Bless
        >
        > Chef Ito
        >

        > --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, Michael Evanchik ivan0000013@ wrote:
        > >
        > > anyone have a lincoln memorial cent with a 1st strike mirror image of the OBVERSE???

      • Peaceful Forces
        Message 3 of 21 , Jul 8, 2011
          Thank you Travis...
          please let me know : ()

          --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "Travis" <travisbolton543@...> wrote:

          > Sorry to disappoint but I don't want to sell it right now. I like off
          > centers with other errors and I like dimes. I'll offer it to you first
          > if I do decide to sell. Here are scans of it..
          >
          > reverse
          > <http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff96/travis543/scan0005-1-1.jpg>
          >
          > obverse
          > <http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff96/travis543/scan0004-1-1.jpg>
          >

          > --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "Peaceful Forces"
          > <humanrad@> wrote:
          > >
          > > to Travis B
          > > Is it for Sale?
          > > Please PM me : ()
          > >
          > > to Mike E
          > > I have 1 of each(on the Reverse & The Obverse) : ()
          > >
          > > Bless
          > >
          > > Chef Ito
          > >

          > > --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, Michael Evanchik
          > ivan0000013@ wrote:
          > > >
          > > > anyone have a lincoln memorial cent with a 1st strike mirror image
          > of the OBVERSE???

        • Jon P. Sullivan
          Message 4 of 21 , Jul 11, 2011
            It's curious that they're always off-center mirror brockages. Apparently some part of the minting press was different for those years.

            I saw one on eBay last week, an off-center 1921 cent. But at $1050, it seemed mighty pricey. For some reason, quite a few such errors appeared in 1920 and 1921.