Trade Dollar Cud

  • Alfonso
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 11, 2011
    • Rob Risi
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 11, 2011
        I'm guessing quite scarce but not too rare? I don't ever recall seeing a cud on a trade dollar and when i collected regular coins, primarily seated and bust coinage, i had maybe 6-8 trade dollars---none with cuds.

        ~ROB RISI~

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 13, 2011
          As I'm sure others will note, these are
          not Cuds - they are rim cuds by definition.

          I don't recall seeing these before, but I'm
          not handling circ Trade dollars on a regular
          basis..

          --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, Rob Risi <rjrisi@...> wrote:

          > I'm guessing quite scarce but not too rare? I don't ever recall seeing a cud on a trade dollar and when i collected regular coins, primarily seated and bust coinage, i had maybe 6-8 trade dollars---none with cuds.
          >
          >    ~ROB RISI~

        • Rob Risi
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 13, 2011
            Yes they are properly referred to as rim cuds and NOT a cud(die break)

            ~ROB RISI~

            not Cuds - they are rim cuds by definition.

            I don't recall seeing these before, but I'm
            not handling circ Trade dollars on a regular
            basis..

            --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, Rob Risi <rjrisi@...> wrote:

            > I'm guessing quite scarce but not too rare? I don't ever recall seeing a cud on a trade dollar and when i collected regular coins, primarily seated and bust coinage, i had maybe 6-8 trade dollars---none with cuds.
            >
            >    ~ROB RISI~

          • Al C.
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 13, 2011

              Yes, I know they are rim cuds, I was away for so long that I am forgetting all the technical terms.:)