Re: [Error Coin Information Exchange] 1900 Off Center Liberty NIckel..Whad do...

  • Jon P. Sullivan
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 6, 2011
      It looks genuine to me- the way the planchet is upset is correct I believe plus the coin just looks ok. I think it's cleaned which would possibly account for it's not being slabbed.

      Jon

      Written from iPhone

      On Jun 6, 2011, at 7:26 AM, innff@... wrote:

      Call me extremely wary, but I question why this "rare" off-center is not encapsulated. The Chinese counterfeits are getting better by the day and this very well could be one of them. Unless the coin was put under top-notch scrutiny, I would not touch it for fear that it would be a waste of money.

      In a message dated 6/6/2011 12:14:29 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, goodoldboy911@... writes:

      Hi guys,
      Guess I've been looking at too many errors, but lately the type coin errors have been popping up all over and most of them don't look right to me.

      Here is one for your opinion:
      http://cgi.ebay.com/1900-Liberty-Nickel-OFF-CENTER-ERROR-RARE-/270759143496?pt=Coins_US_Individual&hash=item3f0a80a848

      I don't like the strike and the formation of the stars nor do I line the bottoms of the reverse letters.

      What do you guys think..

      JEFF