Re: [Error Coin Information Exchange] Broken planchet like the broken CC Dollar,,,not split planchets

  • Michael Evanchik
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 20, 2011
      that could be true jon as i just saw a modern cent on heritage go for over 200 recently.

      From: bigdcoins <bigdcoins@...>
      To: errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wednesday, January 19, 2011, 3:46 PM

      Anyone here know much,,or collect broken planchet pairs? Did a few searches and see a Canadian large cent on ebay that wont even sell for a hundred bucks,,,,then an old heritage auction poped up with a standing liberty quarter (1917 S) broken set sold for $4600. Big difference. Are there any key diagnostics per say, to look at when purchaseing broken planchets, and what makes them collectable. Reason I ask is I have an opportunity to get a 1851 3 cent broken planchet. Both halves are holdered and I believe they were au. Split from 12 to 6, both halfs have that nice rainbow toneing alot of silver coins have.
      Not into these so it would be a coin that I would flip (lol not literally but resell) so any off the hip value would be a big help as well as what to look for , and not to purchase.
      bigd

    • bigdcoins
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 20, 2011
        So i guess at nearly $1500, I'd better stay away huh??

        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 20, 2011
          That would be my advice.