How was it made??? CONVEX Jefferson

  • bigdcoins
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 14, 2011
      okay I said a few days but had a few minutes to post. The last four photo's in the default album are of the convex jefferson I was talking about. Forgot to bring my calipers home but coin is appx 1/16" smaller in diameter and weighs 2.7730 grams. Is a 1940. Looks silver. Mushy mushy detail (worse on obverse) and convexed reverse. Wrong planchet?? Fake Jobbie?? How was it made??
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 14, 2011
        The coin was vandalized outside the Mint. I'm not sure what caused the convexity, but the small size, blurred details, thinned design, elements, and absent design rim all point to acid attack.