Re: [Error Coin Information Exchange] FUN show

  • portpere
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 10, 2011
      I attended FUN on Saturday. It seemed very well attended with the busiest tables being the gold and silver buyers/sellers. I was able to stop by BJs and Fred's tables for a quick chat. There was a very nice error coin display in the exhibition section and I voted for it in the "People's Choice" competition although it already had a 1st Place ribbon in it's category.

      I wanted to look at the Foreign Mint booths (France, Canada, Poland & Austrailia) that were scheduled to be there and none showed up!

      I also attended the NGC Registry member luncheon. NGC is in the process of a major website overhaul. There will be lots more research tools including world coins. Time will tell.

      Parking was a bit of a problem, having to walk a few blocks to the venue. But, downtown Tampa has more to offer outside of the show than Orlando. Overall, I'd give it a B+.

      John